Paragon F-200 Lamp Working Kiln
This is a true high performance kiln that you will enjoy using often. Anneal large glass figurines up to 6” tall in the digital F-200 lamp working kiln. Raise the spring-loaded vertical-drop door to insert a glass figurine with a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber through the smaller punty rod door. This allows the glass to anneal safely. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
The F-200 not only fires figurines but also safely anneals glass beads to prevent breakage during cooling. The 2” tall, 11” wide double doors give 22” of width for inserting bead rods. This kiln is ideal for seminar teachers. It is like having two kilns instead of one.
With the element in the top, you can fuse and slump glass in this large, 25” wide x 15” deep versatile kiln. Enjoy even heat distribution for consistent firing results. The F-200 easily reaches fusing temperatures.
The F-200 has durable insulating firebricks in the roof, walls and floor. The element is seated in pinless grooves in the roof. The element is mounted in the top of the kiln for safety. There is no sidewall element.
The insulating firebrick, wrapped in heavy-gauge steel, soak up heat for slow, efficient cooling. Costly heavy-gauge nickel-plated copper wiring is covered with high temperature glass-braided insulation. The thermocouple, which senses temperature inside the kiln, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life. No extra stand is needed; the built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times.
The F-200 has dual mechanical relays for extra reliability. They send power to the elements on command from the digital controller. Two relays last longer than the single relay of competitive kilns because of the reduced amperage going through the relays.
In addition, you can order the mercury relay upgrade with your new kiln. The mercury relays found on our large industrial kilns outlast mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
Features of the F-200
- 3-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 2 - 11” wide x 2” high doors
- 15” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- Firebrick roof, walls, door, and floor
- Dual mechanical relays; the optional mercury relay upgrade is available
- 1 1/4” thick ceramic fiber punty rod doors
- Mandrel holder with 19 slots
- 1700°F maximum temperature: Make glass fusing, copper enameling, and silver clay
- Pinless element grooves in the roof
- Coated firebricks in roof
- Mar-proof plastic feet
- On-off safety switch
The F-200 has a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress 3-key controller which includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C.
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
A switch on the front panel turns off power to the controller when the kiln is not in use.
The F-200 is proudly made in America to exacting standards. It has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.