Paragon F-500 Lamp Working Kiln
We are constantly improving the F-500. The kiln is designed for annealing large glass figurines, beads, and marbles and is made at the Paragon factory in Mesquite, Texas USA. The interior is 24” wide, 22 1/4” high, and 18” deep. Imagine the huge glass pieces you could make with a kiln this large.
The massive F-500, with its towering door counter-weights and handsome black finish, is a workhorse that will raise your production. The F-500 simplifies annealing so you can immerse yourself in creating breathtaking ware.
Raise the counter-weight vertical-drop door to insert glass on a punty rod. Lower the door. The punty rod extends outside the firing chamber through a smaller punty rod door. The main door is balanced so it stays open where you stop it. Maintain the annealing temperature indefinitely with the Sentry Xpress 3-key controller.
The punty rod doors retain the heat
The main door includes two 4” x 10 1/2” punty rod doors. Two flexible gaskets under each door help to retain the heat. The punty rods can extend outside the kiln through the gap under the doors. This allows the doors to remain fully closed. The ceramic fiber punty rod doors are a full two inches thick to help retain heat. Rare-earth magnets hold the doors in the open and closed positions.
Adjustable rod rest
You can adjust the rod rest, which is positioned in front of the punty rod doors, with wing bolts. Adjust it horizontally and vertically without tools. Or remove the rod rest altogether when you don’t need it. You can order the optional stand for the F-500, with or without casters.
Durable 3” thick insulating firebricks; side elements
The insulating firebricks, wrapped in heavy-gauge steel, soak up heat for slow, efficient cooling. The firebricks are 3” thick, 20% thicker than the standard 2 1/2” bricks, throughout the top, walls, bottom, and door. The heating elements are protected in dropped, recessed wall grooves for trouble-free firing. Wires are fastened to the elements with heat-dissipating connectors refined and proven over many years in Paragon kilns. Elements are coiled from the finest high-temperature wire available. The F-500 has no roof elements.
Optional door safety switch
We recommend that you order the optional safety door switch, which turns off the element when the door is raised. (The temperature controller will continue to operate when the safety switch turns off the elements.)
We can manufacture your F-500 kiln for almost any electrical system in the world. Let us know of your special voltage requirements.
Heavy duty components
Costly heavy-gauge nickel-plated copper wiring is covered with high temperature glass-braided insulation. The thermocouple, which senses temperature inside the kiln, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life. The built-in base stays cool even during extended hold times.
Industrial grade mercury relay
A mercury relay is standard on the F-500. The relay sends power to the elements on command from the digital controller. The industrial-grade mercury relay far outlasts mechanical relays. The life of the quiet, reliable mercury relay has been measured in millions of on/off cycles.
Features of the F-500
- 3-key digital Sentry Xpress controller
- 15” deep firing chamber (measured with doors closed)
- 3” thick firebrick roof, walls, door, and floor
- Mercury relay
- Precisely balanced counter-weight vertical-drop door
- 2” thick ceramic fiber 4” x 10 1/2” punty rod doors with double gaskets
- Rare earth magnets hold the punty rod door open or closed
- Thermocouple with high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long life
- Mandrel holder adjusts without tools
- 1200°F maximum temperature
- Dropped, recessed element grooves in the walls
- Mar-proof rubber feet
- On-off switch for your convenience
- Made in the USA
- Shipped in a wooden crate.
Convenient digital temperature controller
The F-500 has a user-friendly 3-key Sentry Xpress 3-key controller which includes two firing modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold. The solid-state controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. The sealed controller touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
The thermocouple, which senses the temperature, is protected with a high-nickel stainless steel sheath for long trouble free life.
Features of the Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller on Non-Ceramic Paragon Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C.
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
- A Quick Start Guide to place near your kiln as a handy reference
High temperature black finish
The F-500 is proudly made in America to exacting standards. It has a durable high temperature, water-base finish. We chose water-base paint because of the low emissions during spraying. This creates a safer working environment for our employees and cuts down on pollution.
Included with your kiln is a 16-page controller instruction manual and a quick start programming guide, all written in plain English and fully illustrated.
Shipped in a wooden crate
There is no extra charge for crating. Inquire about the crating cost of a competitive kiln when figuring prices. Because Paragon is in the central U.S. along a major shipping route, our shipping cost is often lower than that of our competition. We pass this savings on to you.
A direct phone line
At Paragon, phone calls during business hours are answered by a customer service professional--not an answering system--who will direct your call to the appropriate person. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Call us—we look forward to hearing from you.