Paragon Fusion-6 Glass Fusing Kiln
Paragon’s Fusion-series digital glass fusing kilns come in 6, 7, 8 and 10-sided versions. The Fusion-6 is the affordable 6-sided version, perfect for beginners or artists limited to a standard household outlet.
Imagine the glass you could fuse and slump in the Fusion-6. Make small bowls, pendants, earrings, cufflinks, and even bracelets. Your friends will be amazed at the dichroic glass that comes from your kiln. Make treasured gifts. When you own a Paragon kiln, you can experiment with new glass ideas to your heart’s content.
Pinless element groove
For reliability, the Fusion-series lid elements are mounted in pinless element grooves.
Insulating firebricks cool slowly
The Fusion-6 is made with insulating firebricks, which store heat for slow cooling. Thus, some small projects do not need additional heat during the annealing range. The lid is 3” thick and the walls and bottom are 2 1/2” thick.
18” tall stand, galvanized base plate
An 18” tall stand comes standard with the Fusion-6. The stand raises the kiln to a comfortable height for loading and operation. A heavy galvanized sheet metal steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Optional glass window
Many people consider the optional high temperature glass 1” x 3” window to be indispensable. You can watch every stage of fusing and slumping, from softening, to tack fuse, to full fuse, through the window at your convenience. By watching the glass, even beginners can fine-tune a digital program for precise results. When you see the glass fuse the way you had envisioned, write down the temperature shown in the display for future firings. (Always wear green #3 firing safety glasses while watching the glass through the window or peephole.)
- Digital Sentry Xpress with 8 Segment Ramp-Hold, Skip Segment & Program Review
- Heating elements in top
- Pinless element groove
- Sloped switch box for easy operation of the digital controller
- Heavy duty Type-K thermocouple
- 2 ½” insulating refractory firebrick in walls and bottom; 3” firebrick lid
- Chain lid support on the Fusion-6
- Full-formed galvanized steel base
- Heavy duty, long lasting wiring
- Tapered peephole with plug for a wide view
The Fusion-7 ships by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Digital temperature controller
The digital Sentry Xpress 3 key controller comes standard on all Fusion-series kilns. Control both heating and cooling with simple 3-key operation. The Sentry Xpress is packed with features and includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the Sentry Xpress on Paragon Glass Kilns
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
Printed instruction manuals
Included with your kiln is a 28-page controller instruction manual, a quick start programming guide, a 48-page glass manual, and blank firing record sheets. The manuals have been painstakingly researched and are written in plain English, printed in two colors, and are fully illustrated.
Paragon customer support
When you buy a Paragon kiln, you become a family member of the Texas factory. Call us during business hours, and you will actually hear a live person at the factory. Should you ever need help, we are here long after the sale.
We are open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Central Standard Time, Monday through Thursday. Our expanded hours allow us to serve customers in differing time zones. Not only can you phone us directly; we also have a wide network of repair technicians throughout the U.S.
And, of course, Paragon kilns are made in America by skilled workers. font>
Thermocouple with “special limit” wire
The thermocouple senses temperature inside the kiln. It is the small rod that extends into the firing chamber. The ¼” wide Type-K, 14-gauge, exposed-tip thermocouple is made with special-limit wire for superior accuracy. The exposed tip gives the controller a fast response time for even temperatures during holds. The thermocouple is made in America to our exacting standards.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Have something good to say about the FUSION6? Tell Us