The S-1613-3 3" wall kiln is designed for porcelain, so it easily fires ceramics, china paint, decals and gold. The size is ideal for teachers of china paint or dolls. The 8-sided, 16 ½” wide and 13 ¼” deep interior is as tall as standard 7-sided kilns. The S-1613-3 is 43% larger than the 66-3 series yet costs only a few dollars more.
The S-1613-3 plugs into a 30 amp, 240 volt outlet. (Also available for international electrical systems.) It uses 6400 watts of power, more watts per cubic foot than conventional kilns. The extra wattage helps compensate for aging elements or low voltage. This extra power is ample for cone 10 and, if desired, rapid heating. Elements last longer, because the extra wattage and thicker 3" firebricks help the elements reach porcelain temperatures without strain.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
Features of 8-sided S-1613-3
- Long-life electrical system
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- Wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- Two hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet accommodates optional Orton KilnVent
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Pilot light
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves, which eliminate element pins (so elements are easier to replace)
The Furniture Kit
The furniture kit consists of carefully selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
Furniture Kit for Janus-1613, S-1613-3, TnF-1613-3
2 C-18 Shelves (15” round x 5/8”), 1 C-18 1/2 Shelf
1" Square Posts, 3 each - ”, 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 6”
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 28 lbs.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Have something good to say about the S1613? Tell Us