The digital automatic TnF-82 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
A heavy galvanized steel base covers the reversible brick bottom completely. It folds up under the stainless case on all sides to strengthen the firing chamber. This is one more assurance that your Paragon kiln is built to last.
The TnF-82 is made of 2 ½” thick firebrick in the lid, walls and bottom. It is designed for low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals and gold. For porcelain and stoneware, select a kiln made of 3” firebrick.
You will be amazed at the convenience of digital firing. The reliable solid-state Sentry controller continually monitors the firing so you can spend your time productively without closely watching the kiln. (Please remember, however, to check the kiln during firing and to monitor it near the expected shutoff time.) The sealed touch pad keeps out dust and is easy to wipe clean.
The controller has powerful features that you will enjoy using. Yet we have also worked hard to make the controller user-friendly.
Do you ever wonder how much electricity your kiln uses? The digital controller can figure this for you with the press of a button. Find out how little a kiln actually costs to fire. Learn to conserve energy by experimenting with firing speed, load density, etc.
The heat of the kiln is magical and offers wonderful surprises. Ceramic glazes undergo a complete transformation in the kiln. Opening a kiln to view your treasures is a festive moment that you will never outgrow. Artists have said, “Woohooo! Opening a kiln is a celebration!”
Features of the TnF-82 Digital Kiln
- Sentry 12 Key Digital Controller, made by Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Long-life electrical system with high temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
The Furniture Kit
The furniture kit consists of carefully selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
Furniture Kit for S-82, SnF-82, TnF-82
3 C-16 Shelves (15 1/2” octagon x 5/8”), 1 C-16H 1/2 Shelf
1" wide Square Posts, 4 of each - 1/2”, 1”,
2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, 6” lengths
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 50 lbs.