The digital automatic TnF-82-3 Paragon kiln is large enough for most ceramic projects. Figured at cost per cubic foot, it is among our lowest priced hobby kilns. It uses the same circuit size as most of our studio kilns. Upgrade to a larger kiln later without having to install a new circuit.
This kiln now features the easy-access drop down switch box. Remove two screws, and the box, hinged at the bottom, opens forward for easy maintenance. The kiln features a top row of 2” high blank wall bricks. Since the brick is without element grooves, it is less susceptible to damage during loading than a grooved brick.
The TnF-82-3 is made of 3” thick firebrick in the lid, walls and bottom. It is designed for porcelain, stoneware, low-fire ceramics, china paint, decals and gold.
Features of the TnF-82-3 Digital Automatic Kiln
- Sentry 12 Key Digital Controller, made by Orton Ceramic Foundation
- Long-life electrical system with high temperature wire
- Lock-in lid support with a positive catch
- 2 wide-view tapered peepholes
- Ventilated, louvered switch box
- 2 hand lifts
- Heavy duty kiln stand with mar-proof plastic feet
- Full-formed, galvanized steel base covers the entire brick bottom
- Fall-away two stage Prop-R-Vent for venting the ware
- Coated lid, peepholes and rim of firebricks for extended firebrick life
- Operating instructions on switch box
- Heavy gauge stainless steel case
- Full firing capacity: fire ware directly on the brick bottom
- Reversible brick bottom
- Dropped, recessed brick grooves help prevent element bulging; eliminate the need for element pins; make changing the element easier and faster than some competing models that require element pins.
The Furniture Kit
The furniture kit consists of carefully selected fireclay shelves and posts for this particular model. When estimating the price of the kiln, include the cost of furniture. The furniture allows you to stack multiple layers of ware. Without it, you could fire only the ware that would fit on the kiln bottom.
Furniture Kit for S-82-3, SnF-82-3, TnF-82-3
3 C-18 Shelves 1 C-18H 1/2 Shelf
1" wide Square Posts, 4 of each - 1/2”, 1”,
2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, 6” lengths
1 lb. Bag Kiln Wash
Furniture Kit Shipping Weight: 34 lbs.
Designed for production
Paragon’s warranty is not affected by frequency of use. Fire your new kiln every day if you want, even in commercial settings. That will have no effect on the warranty period.
Optional colors at no extra charge
Brighten your studio with color! Order your kiln in one of our standard colors at no extra charge . . . berry, black, blue, hot pink, jade, navy, purple, or turquoise. Scroll down to see color samples in the options section.
Have something good to say about the TNF823? Tell Us
"Arrived safe and sound. Easy to set up and no problems with firing. I am very pleased with my Paragon kiln. Thanks" - John, Virginia