We no longer manufacture this kiln model. However, you can still order parts. See the link below.
Paragon SC-1 Silver & Glass Kiln
The digital SC-1 kiln fires PMC, Art Clay Silver, decals, china paint, and glass up to 2000°F. The SC-1 is smaller than the SC-2 and therefore very convenient as a traveling kiln. Take the SC-1 to seminars and set it up in just minutes. This may be the kiln of choice for those silver clay artists who have limited work space or who make only a few PMC or Art Clay Silver pieces per session. Fire them without wasting the space of a larger kiln.
The SC-1 fires automatically at the rate and temperature you enter. A large, brightly lit display prompts for firing rate, temperature and hold time. Use the hold feature to automatically soak any type of PMC and Art Clay Silver to their recommended times.
The high-tech ceramic fiber firing chamber is wrapped in a steel inner case. The outer steel case remains cool due to the layer of air between it and the inner case. In addition, the case is slotted for air circulation. Electrical components, located in the base, stay cool even during long hold times.
The fast-firing element is embedded in the firing chamber shell. Each SC-1 includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf.
- On/off safety switch
- Built-in base; no extra stand needed
- Door opens 180 degrees for easy loading
- The case is slotted for air circulation
- Electrical components in the base stay cool even at extended hold times
- Includes a 1/4” thick ceramic fiber shelf
The SC-1 uses the same reliable Sentry Xpress 3-key controller and electrical components found on our larger SC-series kilns. The controller is packed with features. It includes two modes: Single Speed and 8-segment Ramp-Hold.
Features of the SC-1 Sentry Xpress 3-key Controller
- Design programs with up to 8 segments (steps) in Ramp-Hold mode.
- Fire to a single temperature at a single speed in the simplified Single Speed mode.
- Ramp-Hold mode can store 4 programs.
- Skip a segment in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Change the target temperature in Ramp-Hold during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Hold (soak) the temperature in both Single Speed and Ramp-Hold. Experiment with Hold to improve color saturation of china paints.
- Add Hold Time during firing without having to stop the kiln to reprogram.
- Control both heating and cooling in Ramp-Hold.
- Program Review lets you check the program you are about to fire.
- Program the Temperature Alarm to sound when the kiln reaches a specific temperature. Use this to remind yourself to check on the kiln.
- Temperature display throughout firing and cooling in your choice of °F or °C
- Thermocouple Offset adjusts the thermocouple readout.
- Set the Delay to turn on the kiln later to suit your schedule.
- Error Messages report mechanical problems such as a disconnected thermocouple, stuck relay or broken element.
- 12 Month Warranty
- LED Lights show whether you are in program, review, or firing mode.
- Colorful, illustrated instruction manual. Download it from the “Additional Information” section below to review these features in more detail.
The SC-1 can ship by UPS. Enjoy lower shipping cost and faster service. Specially designed cartons and foam padding assure that the kiln will arrive safely.
Optional SC-1 furniture kit: 1 – 5 1/4” x 2 1/2” hard ceramic shelf; 4 – 1/2” posts